It’s my birthday today
I am older than yesterday
All my friends are coming over to play
And they’ll all sing Happy Birthday
This is the only birthday song that I can think of today. Is it ironic that its from Play School? Something that my 4 year old was singing this May?
I do think I need to get out more often – or least spend more time in the company of people whose idea of a kick ass birthday party does not involve a magician or an indoor play center.
Anyway, since it is my birthday today, really, I think I should be able to write about whatever I want to. In return, you should be able to skip over this if you need to. 🙂 No hard feelings, I am feeling very generous today.
Also if you are new to my blog, you might find reasons to gel with me – or not! You decide. 🙂
- I am a speed reader – don’t ask me how I learned to do it, I don’t know. I can breeze through 3 books in a week. I am not joking.
- I know 6 languages. Three fluently; English, Urdu and Hindi and others barely; French, Arabic and Punjabi.
- I have collected a few degrees – I mean the educational kind. I have done Bachelors in Science, Bachelors at Law, Masters in Business Administration, Post Grad Dip in Teaching. One day I would like to do my PhD. Maybe on blogging culture.
- I am extremely bad at giving directions – I am particularly bad figuring them out. Suffice to say that I always get a panic attack at the prospect of driving to a new place.
- I am a tea drinker. Coffee is ok but tea is something I cannot live without. I have to have it in my own special mug only. The mug will be promptly replaced in case anything bad happens to it. Worse things will happen to those who wish ill upon it.
- I adore perfumes. I love sniffing them – not on people of course. One of my favourite things to do is to go down to the perfume section of the local department store and spend some time there sniffing the new arrivals. I drive sales staff crazy because I know more than them, and also because I never buy them in the store. I always order them online. I own about 80 full sized perfume bottles.
- I did a stint on ebay for about an year when I sold perfume decants. I got over thousand 100% feedback. I had to stop it because of totally ridiculous restrictions that were placed on my account by ebay. As everybody knows, trying to talk to a human at ebay is like looking for an alien life form in space. we might as well accept that we were hallucinating in the first place and give up. That’s what I did and it spoiled a perfectly fine relationship. Such a shame.
- I have ADHD type traits. I get very focused when it comes to my projects. When something catches my eye, my whole world starts to revolve around it. I read up everything on it and like to become something of a expert on it.
- I am a minimalist at heart. I feel that its more than enough with my crazy busy mind with ideas buzzing all day long. I don’t want to add to the clutter by having too much stuff around me. Too much stuff means too much time cleaning, organizing and just keeping track of it all. I’d rather be spending that time reading, learning and having fun with friends and family.
- I am addicted to Gray’s Anatomy. Enough said.
- I suck at cleaning. I believe that whoever creates mess should clean it as well. Sadly, nobody in my family believes that.
- I am really bad at making small talk. I would do almost anything to avoid it. Things like avoid making eye contact, pretending to be deaf, suddenly remembering to look for something in my bad, suddenly remembering to rush to something are things that seem very normal to me.
- Most of the time, when I read self help blogs, I end up getting even more anxious and depressed about 72 more things that I should be doing in my life. What is the whole point of reading these blogs again?
- I am a foodaholic. Meaning, I am addicted to takeaway and eating outside, much to the chagrin of my significant other. I lOVE food, although I do not like cooking much. This is particularly unfortunate, especially for me.
- Courtesy of my kids, I have watched every single episode of Ben 10, Ben 10 Alien force and BEn 10: Alien force, 15 times over. I know what omnitrix and ultimatrix are. (I have them at home). All merchandise of Ben 10 is available in my house, in all shapes or forms, clothes, bags, watches, shoes, stationary, figurines, bikes, if you can name it, we have got it. I can identify Echo Echo, Humungosaur, Jetray, Spidermonkey among others. It’s sad really.
- I am a really bad dancer, but dancing is one of the things I would have liked to learn properly. Some day.
- I am a pretty good singer. My family will vouch for that.
- For a woman, I own ridiculous amount of makeup. Ridiculously little that is. Last I counted, a few lipsticks, foundation, concealer and eye liner. That’s it. When my mascara dried out, I do not know. My 80 perfumes don’t count here do they?
- I am not a phone person. Come to think of it, neither am I a text person. Most times I even forget to charge my mobile, the old set that my dad gave me as a present about 6 years ago. Once I did spend about 3 hours on the phone though, talking to my bff. I was going through a bad time and she had nothing else to do. 🙂
- I want to change the world.
- Apparently I am bad at counting. 20 Things for 20 September but I am a little bit over.
- I did not revise this post at all, writing this gold in one go. 🙂 I will admit to running the spellcheck though.
Now, what I would love from you, my dear reader, on my birthday – a comment. Tell me something fascinating about yourself? Tell me what makes you tick, tell me what you hope to gain from reading my blog.
Have you taken my 3-minute Client Attraction Quiz? Check it out now, it’s awesome!